I have hemp protein powder which I use more like a supplement then a protein shake. The hemp gives a good amount of iron, Magnesium, zinc, branched chain amino acids, and a high amount of fiber. The collagen peptides have many benefits as well. Collagen peptides help skin, nails, joints, and bones. Collagen peptides have many amino acids as well.
Using hemp and collagen peptides also mean using less cassava in this recipe which can be expensive. If you can’t do cassava do a extra scoop of hemp and collagen till its a thick consistency. Also they are all dairy free which is great for those of us who don’t digest it well.
You can use another kind of protein powder but it will change the taste and constancy a little.
- 1 cup baked butternut squash
- 6 eggs
- 3 scoops hemp protein powder Nutiva
- 2 scoops collagen vital proteins
- 1/4 cup cassava
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds mine were whole you can use ground
- Optional veggies:
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 cup of shredded beats mine were from failed beat kvass
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- personally I like them without the herbs/spices or a pinch of rosemary
- Pre-heat to 350F
- I used squash I had baked before see here for baking ideas
- Oil Pyrex dish(9x13 for thin or ) or cast iron skillet(10")
- In a large bowl mix/mash squash and eggs together with a fork
- Mix in hemp, collagen, cassava salt and flax a little at a time.
- Add the optional veggies if you like (I suggest at least a bit of spinach fresh or frozen)
- Add preferred spice if you want
- Pour in to pyrex or cast iron
- Make sure veggies are not sticking out of the mix
- Make a pretty design in top with spinach if you wish
- Place in oven
- Bake for 30-45 min depending on how big your dish or pan is mines usually about 35 minutes