Happy Memorial Day!
Easiest pizza I’ve ever made. Well… not really pizza, but same flavor. These are great for appetizers or part of a main meal.
Make them small and put a toothpick in them to make your Memorial day more festive.
This years celebrations may look different.
I think it is worth it to try and do something special whether it is making something special or going out for a drive.
Comment below how you made this weekend special.
It’s hard to pick the right pizza sauce. I suggest Muir Glen’s or Organicville’s Pizza Sauce.
- 2 lb ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp tomato paste
- pizza sauce
- 2 small zucchinis
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 1/3 cup quinoa pre cooked
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp sage
- 1 tsp cumin
- sliced mushrooms on top or 6 diced mushrooms inside
- Pre heat oven to 375ºF
- Cover a baking sheet with foil
- Cook quinoa in broth if you don’t have any ready or skip if you don’t want it.
- Chop onion
- Mince garlic
- Thinly slice one zucchini
- Mince the other zucchini
- Place onions, garlic, and minced zucchini in a skillet, cook in oil till onions are translucent and zucchini is soft
- In a bowl place ground beef, 2 eggs, tomatoes paste, quinoa, cooked onions, zucchini, (mushrooms),salt and spices
- Take sliced zucchini and place them into the skillet and cook till soft set aside
- Mash together all ingredients
- Form your meatballs
- Spoon on about a tbsp of pizza sauce on each meatball
- Place a few slices of zucchini on top of each meatball
- Bake for 375ºF for 20 minutes