I had to repost this recipe for several reasons.
This is one of my most popular recipes on the blog. I believe for several reasons:
apples are in season, it tastes great, its easy to make, and it is fall so who doesn’t want some
This is way easier than making apple pie, but you still get the apple goodness!
You can absolutely double this recipe and make it for a get together.
This recipe is: Gluten free, Grain free, Dairy free, and Paleo.
- 4 apples honey crisp or gala
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp fat coconut oil, ghee, or butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon mounding
- ¼ tsp nutmeg mounding
- 4 tbsp maple syrup 2 cups coconut flaked
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 cup of water
- Pre heat 350ºF
- Slice apples to desired shape (slice or dice big)
- Place in a container you can cover preferably glass (with glass lid or flip another container upside down and use as a lid)
- In a bowl Whisk eggs, maple syrup and spices
- Slowly mix in coconut and cassava flour
- Add water so that the mixture can pour over the apples
- Add your fat of choice on top
- Bake 350ºF for 30 minutes covered
- Uncover and bake for 30 more minutes
- Let cool and serve by itself or with ice cream
This Apple Bake is Gluten free, grain free, dairy free, soy free, and tree nut free.